MADISON, Wis. - Students and families in the Madison Metropolitan School District will be celebrating graduation Friday and Saturday at the Kohl Center.
East and LaFollette high school students will graduate at 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Friday, according to a release. Memorial and West high school students will be at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Saturday.
"Congratulations to all of our students for finishing a strong school year and especially to our graduating seniors," Superintendent Jennifer Cheatham said in the release. "We are so excited to celebrate the accomplishments of our students, teachers and all of our school communities."
MMSD officials plan to release its first annual report on the strategic framework in July, including a review of progress and information for families and communities about what to expect next year, according to the release.
"We have worked hard to be incredibly focused this year because ultimately, we believe that our path to success -- the path to closing opportunity gaps and seeing the best results for all children -- depends on our ability to stay focused and follow through on our strategy as a district with tenacity and determination," Cheatham said. "Thank you to our teachers and all of our staff who have done that hard work this year."
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely understood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam