MADISON, Wis. - Students and families in the Madison Metropolitan School District will be celebrating graduation Friday and Saturday at the Kohl Center.
East and LaFollette high school students will graduate at 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Friday, according to a release. Memorial and West high school students will be at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Saturday.
"Congratulations to all of our students for finishing a strong school year and especially to our graduating seniors," Superintendent Jennifer Cheatham said in the release. "We are so excited to celebrate the accomplishments of our students, teachers and all of our school communities."
MMSD officials plan to release its first annual report on the strategic framework in July, including a review of progress and information for families and communities about what to expect next year, according to the release.
"We have worked hard to be incredibly focused this year because ultimately, we believe that our path to success -- the path to closing opportunity gaps and seeing the best results for all children -- depends on our ability to stay focused and follow through on our strategy as a district with tenacity and determination," Cheatham said. "Thank you to our teachers and all of our staff who have done that hard work this year."
- Fatal shooting by deputy in Lincoln County investigated
- Parents, child care centers face problems with 4-year-old kindergarten
- Iconic funk drummer Clyde Stubblefield leaves an international legacy
- Stripper sues Cruisin' Chubbys Gentleman's Club
- Teacher uses personal story to educate students on eating disorders
- February will end with near-record high temps, threat of severe thunderstorms