MADISON, Wis. - The Madison Metropolitan School District School Board unanimously passed new contracts for all voting units Monday.
New contracts were ratified by Madison Teachers, Inc. Wednesday night. The contracts carry their collective bargaining rights into 2015.
MTI President John Matthews told News 3 last week it would be the only teachers union in the state to secure a contract through the next school year.
The contract provides a 0.75 percent raise for all five units of MTI membership, including teachers, educational assistants, and clerical and technical staff, to name a few.
The new terms will run from July 1, 2014, to June 30, 2015.
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets