ST. PAUL, Minn. - Court documents say the body of a missing St. Paul woman was battered and naked when it was recovered from the Mississippi River.
The body of Kira Steger, a 30-year-old Wisconsin native last seen alive on Feb. 21, was recovered from the river in downtown St. Paul Wednesday.
Her husband, Jeffery Trevino, is charged in her death and is scheduled to stand trial May 28. He remains jailed in Ramsey County on $1 million bond.
Prosecutors filed a motion Friday seeking more time for experts to analyze the woman's body and other evidence in her disappearance. Defense attorneys wanted test results by May 15.
KSTP-TV reported that court documents say injuries to the body include a head wound, a broken finger, bruising inside her lip and lacerations to her liver. She also had duct tape in her hair.
Authorities said her body was found Wednesday afternoon by someone who saw it floating in the river.
- Girl awarded for homeless birthday program
- Woman jumps from balcony to escape fire
- Video captures man stuffing puppies into drain
- Baldwin, other senators seek assurances from Trump pick for EPA
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison