FRIENDSHIP, Wis. - Authorities said a woman who was reported missing in Adams County was found unconscious outdoors Wednesday afternoon and taken to the hospital for treatment.
The Adams County Sheriff's Office said rescue workers located 64-year-old Alice Peterson of Arkdale, Wis., about a quarter mile from her vehicle in a wooded area near Port Edwards, Wis.
In a news release, the sheriff's office said Peterson was unconscious and taken to St. Joseph's Hospital in Marshfield.
She was in critical condition Thursday morning, officials said.
According to an alert Wednesday, family reported to the sheriff's office that Peterson has a condition requiring medication daily and she had left home Monday morning without it. Her family told authorities no one had heard from her since Monday.
The sheriff's office said the Wood County Sheriff's Office, Port Edwards Fire Department, Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, Wisconsin Division of Criminal Investigation and other Wood County EMS personnel assisted in the search.
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Lincoln Hills psychologist dismissed
- Kenosha teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online