PRAIRIE DU CHIEN, Wis. - A sex offender who went missing Sunday night is now back in custody after he was apprehended by a Crawford County deputy around 8 p.m. Monday near Dutch Ridge Road and Biederman Hollow, according to a release.
Prairie du Chien police said they attempted to arrested Willard D. Tyler, 46, at 517 E. Blackhawk Ave. on Sunday on a probation and parole violation.
No one answered the door, and once police got inside they found Tyler was gone and his monitoring device was cut off and on the floor.
A nationwide alert was sent out electronically through the dispatch center to law enforcement agencies, according to police.
Police said he is a registered violent sex offender and was released to Prairie du Chien in 2011.
- Judge properly moved teen into adult system to protect him
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Hundreds of thousands of candies blanket Dodge County road, sheriff says
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Lack of sand for roads prompts Wisconsin Dells school closure, official says