PRAIRIE DU CHIEN, Wis. - A sex offender who went missing Sunday night is now back in custody after he was apprehended by a Crawford County deputy around 8 p.m. Monday near Dutch Ridge Road and Biederman Hollow, according to a release.
Prairie du Chien police said they attempted to arrested Willard D. Tyler, 46, at 517 E. Blackhawk Ave. on Sunday on a probation and parole violation.
No one answered the door, and once police got inside they found Tyler was gone and his monitoring device was cut off and on the floor.
A nationwide alert was sent out electronically through the dispatch center to law enforcement agencies, according to police.
Police said he is a registered violent sex offender and was released to Prairie du Chien in 2011.
- Enbridge says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- Authorities: Woman fatally shot father and took her own life
- Syrian man who sued Trump brings family to US
- DATCP warns of resurgence of fake IRS calls
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists