MADISON, Wis. - The Columbia County Sheriff's Office says it found the body of a 21-year-old Pardeeville man who was reported missing on Sunday.
Deputies received a missing persons report around 3 p.m. Sunday. Family members of Mitchel Blanchard told deputies he has been missing since early Sunday morning.
Blanchard was last seen by Wisconsin Dells police officers running toward State Highway 13/16/23 early Sunday morning. That's an area near Kilbourn Dam and the Highway 13/16/23 bridge over the Wisconsin River.
Police said they were called to the Showboat Tavern at 2:30 a.m. for a disturbance and Blanchard fled when police tried to identify him. Officers said they abandoned the pursuit.
His vest was found on the shoreline above the dam.
Blanchard's body was found Monday in the water near the Kilbourn Dam.
The Columbia County Sheriff's Office was assisted by the Columbia County Dive Team, Wisconsin Dells Police Department, Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, Kilbourn Fire Department and Alliant Energy Company.25698534
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart