VILLAGE OF SUMMIT, Wis. - Officials located a missing village of Oregon woman after she crashed a vehicle into a house about 60 miles from home, authorities said.
Police in the village of Summit told WDJT-TV that a patrol officer spotted the crash at 1:41 a.m. Thursday. A car driven by an 80-year-old woman, who had been reported missing from Oregon 36 hours earlier, hit a house on Sunset Drive.
The officer found the 80-year-old woman inside the car. She was confused and had suffered minor injuries in the crash.
The woman was taken to the hospital where she was reunited with her family.
The house struck by the car was vacant and there were no other injuries, according to the WDJT-TV report.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs