MENOMONIE, Wis. - A missing German shepherd has been found safe after its owner died in a crash on Interstate 94 near Menomonie during Thursday's snowstorm.
KMSP-TV reported that Molly was the constant companion of a 45-year-old Minnesota trucker, John Philippi. His nephew, Andy Anderson, brought Molly to safety Saturday.
Philippi's family said he was driving toward Illinois and trying to avoid something ahead when his truck tipped and was struck from behind by another semi. He was on the phone with a friend and told her to hang on because he was going to crash. Both cabs were separated from their respective engine compartments on impact.
Molly survived and escaped the scene.
The dog was spotted limping after the crash, but was checked out by a veterinarian and deemed healthy.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says