WATERLOO TOWNSHIP, Wis. - Vehicle of missing Dodgeville man found in quarry in Waterloo township, according to a release.
The Grant County Sheriff's Department was contacted Saturday regarding an abandoned vehicle in an old quarry off County Road N in the Waterloo Township, according to the release.
Officials said the vehicle belonged to Michael Upman who was reported missing from his home June 26.
On Sunday the Wisconsin State Patrol sent an airplane with thermal imaging and flew over the area where the vehicle as located and did not find anything, according to the release.
The quarry was searched Sunday by volunteers and nothing was located, according to the release.
Officials said additional search efforts will continue during the week at the property.
It is unknown whether Upman is still in the area where the vehicle was located, according to the release.
Officials ask anyone with information to contact the Dodgeville Police Department.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns