EAU CLAIRE, Wis. - There were some frightening moments for the family of a 12-year-old boy who went missing at a baseball field in Eau Claire.
Police say the child's grandmother dropped him off at the ballpark Monday night and went looking for a parking spot. When she returned to the field, the woman thought her grandson had gone to the nearby park to play. After a short time passed, the grandmother began to worry and started looking for her grandson.
Police were called. Others joined in the search for the boy. Two hours later, another woman at the ballpark returned to her vehicle and found the child asleep in the back seat. The Eau Claire Leader-Telegram reported the boy told police he was tired so he crawled in the back seat of a vehicle that looked like his grandmother's.
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire