BARABOO, Wis. - An at-risk man who was last seen Wednesday morning has been found safe, police said Wednesday evening.
Police said David Schuler, 31, had last been seen around 11 a.m. on the south side of Baraboo. Schuler is 5 feet 6 inches tall and has blue eyes. He was last seen wearing a blue pullover and jeans, and was walking a dog.
Police said Schuler had been wearing a GPS transmitter as part of a program called Project Lifesaver, which helps monitor at-risk individuals and those with cognitive impairments like Alzheimer's and dementia, but the device was found to be not attached to Schuler this morning.
Schuler has been known to wander off in the past, and police said they do not believe the incident is suspicious.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls