Construction work at Lambeau Field sparked a minor fire that caused about $5,000 in damage to the Green Bay Packers stadium.
WLUK-TV reports workers were cutting a beam near the fourth floor Wednesday when sparks landed inside a wall, igniting foam insulation.
The area was evacuated. One firefighter suffered a minor back injury.
Green Bay Fire Lt. Nick Craig says the fire was small but in an unwieldy area. He says fire officials had to proceed slowly because they didn't want to open the wall and allow the flames an oxygen supply until they had enough water on hand.
The fire happened on Aaron Rodgers Day, a day the state proclaimed in honor of the Packers quarterback because Rodgers wears Number 12 and the date Wednesday was 12-12-12.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes