GRAND FORKS, N.D. - A University of North Dakota aviation student and a flight instructor have successfully completed a transcontinental air race for female pilots.
The school said student Amy Warbalow and instructor Katrina Kugler finished 18th out of the nearly 50 entrants in the 2,400-mile Air Race Classic. The UND team finished sixth out of the 13 collegiate teams.
Warbalow is from Minocqua, Wis., and Kugler from Yuma, Ariz. They were the first entrants from UND in the race from Pasco, Wash., to Fayetteville, Ark.
- Sheriff: Man driving 30 mph over speed limit was drunk
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000