GRAND FORKS, N.D. - A University of North Dakota aviation student and a flight instructor have successfully completed a transcontinental air race for female pilots.
The school said student Amy Warbalow and instructor Katrina Kugler finished 18th out of the nearly 50 entrants in the 2,400-mile Air Race Classic. The UND team finished sixth out of the 13 collegiate teams.
Warbalow is from Minocqua, Wis., and Kugler from Yuma, Ariz. They were the first entrants from UND in the race from Pasco, Wash., to Fayetteville, Ark.
- Madison police make arrest in robbery near Overture Center
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer