GRAND FORKS, N.D. - A University of North Dakota aviation student and a flight instructor have successfully completed a transcontinental air race for female pilots.
The school said student Amy Warbalow and instructor Katrina Kugler finished 18th out of the nearly 50 entrants in the 2,400-mile Air Race Classic. The UND team finished sixth out of the 13 collegiate teams.
Warbalow is from Minocqua, Wis., and Kugler from Yuma, Ariz. They were the first entrants from UND in the race from Pasco, Wash., to Fayetteville, Ark.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire