GRAND FORKS, N.D. - A University of North Dakota aviation student and a flight instructor have successfully completed a transcontinental air race for female pilots.
The school said student Amy Warbalow and instructor Katrina Kugler finished 18th out of the nearly 50 entrants in the 2,400-mile Air Race Classic. The UND team finished sixth out of the 13 collegiate teams.
Warbalow is from Minocqua, Wis., and Kugler from Yuma, Ariz. They were the first entrants from UND in the race from Pasco, Wash., to Fayetteville, Ark.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement