MILWAUKEE - Two junior chefs from Minnesota and Wisconsin are getting ready to have lunch with first lady Michelle Obama.
Liam Kivirist is an 11-year-old from Browntown, Wis. Kaitlyn Kirchner is a 9-year-old from Madelia, Minn. They're among the winners of a White House contest that challenged kids between the ages of 8 to 12 to create healthy lunchtime recipes.
They'll join the other winners Tuesday for lunch at the White House.
Liam won with his chili, simmered in a solar oven. Kaitlyn came up with a garden stir fry featuring vegetables she and her family grow in their garden.
Both say they've been cooking since they were little. They say they enjoy eating healthy meals, and they're thrilled to have lunch with Mrs. Obama.
- License plate left behind at hit-and-run scene IDs driver, police say
- State Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- State dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Madison man claims $50,000 lottery prize
- Consumer Reports: How to ease stress of moving
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field