FOND DU LAC, Wis. - A 9-year-old Fond du Lac boy is safe after a frightening ride in a stolen van.
Holly Jaschob left her son, Eli, in their minivan while she ran into Shopko with her daughter Monday. Jaschob left the van running and thought she had locked it. When she returned to the van, it was gone.
Jaschob says she went in to panic mode. A car thief had taken the van with her son lying in the back seat.
Eli tells WLUK-TV the cellphone he was playing with suddenly rang, so he popped his head up from the back seat and the suspect told him to get out. Eli was released unharmed and called his dad.
Police say the van and the 19-year-old suspect were found in West Allis Wednesday morning.
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Look, up in the sky! It's gypsy moth sprayers
- AG Schimel: Undercover campaign videos reveal no crime
- Oakcrest Tavern robbed at gunpoint at closing time, PD says
- State at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- 15-year-old girl shot with BB gun at Elver Park