FOND DU LAC, Wis. - A 9-year-old Fond du Lac boy is safe after a frightening ride in a stolen van.
Holly Jaschob left her son, Eli, in their minivan while she ran into Shopko with her daughter Monday. Jaschob left the van running and thought she had locked it. When she returned to the van, it was gone.
Jaschob says she went in to panic mode. A car thief had taken the van with her son lying in the back seat.
Eli tells WLUK-TV the cellphone he was playing with suddenly rang, so he popped his head up from the back seat and the suspect told him to get out. Eli was released unharmed and called his dad.
Police say the van and the 19-year-old suspect were found in West Allis Wednesday morning.
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Lincoln Hills psychologist dismissed
- Kenosha teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online