FOND DU LAC, Wis. - A 9-year-old Fond du Lac boy is safe after a frightening ride in a stolen van.
Holly Jaschob left her son, Eli, in their minivan while she ran into Shopko with her daughter Monday. Jaschob left the van running and thought she had locked it. When she returned to the van, it was gone.
Jaschob says she went in to panic mode. A car thief had taken the van with her son lying in the back seat.
Eli tells WLUK-TV the cellphone he was playing with suddenly rang, so he popped his head up from the back seat and the suspect told him to get out. Eli was released unharmed and called his dad.
Police say the van and the 19-year-old suspect were found in West Allis Wednesday morning.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend