FOND DU LAC, Wis. - A 9-year-old Fond du Lac boy is safe after a frightening ride in a stolen van.
Holly Jaschob left her son, Eli, in their minivan while she ran into Shopko with her daughter Monday. Jaschob left the van running and thought she had locked it. When she returned to the van, it was gone.
Jaschob said she went in to panic mode. A car thief had taken the van with her son lying in the back seat.
Eli told WLUK-TV the cellphone he was playing with suddenly rang, so he popped his head up from the back seat and the thief told him to get out. Eli was released unharmed about two miles from Shopko and called his dad.
Jaschob said she's proud her son stayed calm in such a distressing situation.
- Circus World director 'optimistic' in wake of Ringling Bros. shutdown
- Missing Beloit man found dead
- Billion dollar company plans for joint venture
- Superior boat builder secures $6M contract for Texas project
- Man suffers serious injuries in snowmobile rollover
- Janesville police looking for accused Target thief