FOND DU LAC, Wis. - A 9-year-old Fond du Lac boy is safe after a frightening ride in a stolen van.
Holly Jaschob left her son, Eli, in their minivan while she ran into Shopko with her daughter Monday. Jaschob left the van running and thought she had locked it. When she returned to the van, it was gone.
Jaschob said she went in to panic mode. A car thief had taken the van with her son lying in the back seat.
Eli told WLUK-TV the cellphone he was playing with suddenly rang, so he popped his head up from the back seat and the thief told him to get out. Eli was released unharmed about two miles from Shopko and called his dad.
Jaschob said she's proud her son stayed calm in such a distressing situation.
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI