MADISON, Wis. - Metcalfe's Market is sponsoring a mini Brat Fest in its parking lot on the west side of Madison Friday.
The event is a fundraiser for the Wisconsin girl who was stabbed 19 times by people she thought were friends in May.
Organizers said holding the event was the right thing to do.
"It's an amazing event: amazing people around this and amazing people around the world that have helped this family," spokesman for the girl's family Steve Lyons said. "The family's one message to everyone around the world is, ‘Thank you Madison. Thank you everyone who's been part of this.'"
The event starts Friday at 7 a.m.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes