MADISON, Wis. - Metcalfe's Market is sponsoring a mini Brat Fest in its parking lot on the west side of Madison Friday.
The event is a fundraiser for the Wisconsin girl who was stabbed 19 times by people she thought were friends in May.
Organizers said holding the event was the right thing to do.
"It's an amazing event: amazing people around this and amazing people around the world that have helped this family," spokesman for the girl's family Steve Lyons said. "The family's one message to everyone around the world is, ‘Thank you Madison. Thank you everyone who's been part of this.'"
The event starts Friday at 7 a.m.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land