MADISON, Wis. - A mini Brat Fest held last week to raise money for a stabbing victim raised more than $70,000, organizers said.
The fundraiser event was held Friday at Metcalfe's Market on the west side. All proceeds went to the family of the 12-year-old Wisconsin girl who was stabbed 19 times by people she thought were friends in May.
More than 11,400 brats and almost 2,600 hotdogs were sold at the event, which had 250 volunteers and 45 sponsors.
"We want to thank Tim Metcalfe and the Metcalfe family, the people at Johnsonville, Whyte Hirschboeck Dudek S.C., and everyone who made this amazing event possible," the family said in a statement. "The generosity of so many Wisconsin businesses, the support of so many volunteers, and the goodwill shared by so many people means so much to our entire family."
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire