Milwaukee police say a female high school teacher is in custody for allegedly sexually assaulting a 14-year-old boy.
Police Sgt. Mark Stanmeyer said the teacher is a 28-year-old woman, who works at Messmer High School. The boy is a student there.
Stanmeyer said the alleged assault happened Thursday evening in a car at Destiny High School. The teacher and student were there for a special event.
Stanmeyer said the teacher is in police custody and the case will be referred to prosecutors for possible charges. Stanmeyer said police are still investigating.
Mike Bartels is acting president of Messmer Catholic Schools. According to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Bartels said in a statement that the teacher has been suspended pending the police investigation.
- Sun Prairie looks to revamp main corridor
- Zoo euthanizes polar bear that used to be in Madison
- Driver involved in crash suspected of heroin use
- Two people shot at while in car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them