Milwaukee police say a female high school teacher is in custody for allegedly sexually assaulting a 14-year-old boy.
Police Sgt. Mark Stanmeyer said the teacher is a 28-year-old woman, who works at Messmer High School. The boy is a student there.
Stanmeyer said the alleged assault happened Thursday evening in a car at Destiny High School. The teacher and student were there for a special event.
Stanmeyer said the teacher is in police custody and the case will be referred to prosecutors for possible charges. Stanmeyer said police are still investigating.
Mike Bartels is acting president of Messmer Catholic Schools. According to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Bartels said in a statement that the teacher has been suspended pending the police investigation.
- Police find 20 bullet casings in far east side park
- Detectives seek help identifying burglar in surveillance pics
- Bill would limit influence of unions on public project bids
- Dane County inmate who was AWOL 10 days back in custody
- Lawmaker wants Milwaukee County sheriff removed
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution