MILWAUKEE - A Milwaukee police officer has shot and wounded a 43-year-old suspect after a domestic violence call.
Officers were sent Thursday on a report of shots fired. Police said two sergeants found the man armed with a firearm inside a home threatening to kill his girlfriend, children and other family members.
Police were trying to negotiate with the suspect when he shot and wounded his 44-year-old girlfriend. One of the sergeants then shot and wounded the suspect.
The girlfriend and a 65-year-old member of the suspect's family, who suffered a non-life-threatening gunshot wound, were taken to a hospital. The suspect suffered life-threatening injuries and was taken to a hospital.
The sergeant who shot the suspect is an 18-year police veteran. He will be placed on standard administrative duty during an investigation.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK