MILWAUKEE - Police said a Milwaukee man fatally shot his 6-year-old daughter and then killed himself after fighting with the girl's mother.
A Milwaukee Journal Sentinel report said the couple was involved in a physical confrontation Sunday morning. Police Lt. Justin Carloni said the woman left home and went to work, and then stopped by the police station afterward to report the domestic violence.
Officers responded to her home about noon. They found the doors locked. They entered and found the man and girl dead, each with a single bullet wound.
They were pronounced dead at the scene. Their names haven't been released.
Neighbors who were running a rummage sale across the street say they heard what sounded like two gunshots Sunday about 11 a.m.
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say
- Car reported missing discovered crashed into condo, police say
- Driver who nearly strikes state patrol car charged with 4th OWI, trooper says
- Man pulls gun during road rage incident, police say
- Police warn of kidnapping scam
- Driver injured in suspected OWI rollover, deputies say