MILWAUKEE - Police said a Milwaukee man fatally shot his 6-year-old daughter and then killed himself after fighting with the girl's mother.
A Milwaukee Journal Sentinel report said the couple was involved in a physical confrontation Sunday morning. Police Lt. Justin Carloni said the woman left home and went to work, and then stopped by the police station afterward to report the domestic violence.
Officers responded to her home about noon. They found the doors locked. They entered and found the man and girl dead, each with a single bullet wound.
They were pronounced dead at the scene. Their names haven't been released.
Neighbors who were running a rummage sale across the street say they heard what sounded like two gunshots Sunday about 11 a.m.
- Local woman shares warning after credit card theft
- Bond reduced in UW-Stout student death case
- Madison police make arrest in downtown robbery
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving