Milwaukee police say an officer accidentally shot and wounded a car theft suspect while arresting him.
A second suspect escaped Monday. Both suspects allegedly robbed two people of their car and money. Police found the stolen vehicle with the suspects inside, bu the men started running.
Police caught one of the suspects. During the arrest, police say an officer's gun accidentally discharged and struck the 29-year-old suspect in the thigh.
The man was taken to Froedtert Hospital in suburban Milwaukee. He's expected to survive. The officer is 30 years old and has been with the force for 12 years.
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike