Milwaukee police say an officer accidentally shot and wounded a car theft suspect while arresting him.
A second suspect escaped Monday. Both suspects allegedly robbed two people of their car and money. Police found the stolen vehicle with the suspects inside, bu the men started running.
Police caught one of the suspects. During the arrest, police say an officer's gun accidentally discharged and struck the 29-year-old suspect in the thigh.
The man was taken to Froedtert Hospital in suburban Milwaukee. He's expected to survive. The officer is 30 years old and has been with the force for 12 years.
- Congress considering removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Officials urge vaccinating horses against mosquito-spread diseases
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say