MILWAUKEE - A 7-year-old boy injured in a Milwaukee house fire over the weekend has died.
The Milwaukee County medical examiner's office has confirmed that 7-year-old Miguel Quintanilla died Sunday after he was pulled from the burning house at around 7:45 a.m. Saturday.
Police said the boy's grandfather who lived in the lower part of the house escaped, but moments later realized the boy was still upstairs. Firefighters then went in for the boy.
The boy suffered smoke inhalation and was revived twice before being transported to the hospital. He died Sunday afternoon after surviving overnight on life support.
According to firefighters, there were no working smoke detectors in the house.
Police said the fire may be the result of an electrical failure but authorities are still investigating.
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI