Milwaukee police are investigating four apparently unrelated deaths and a series of five nonfatal shootings that happened in a nine-hour span overnight.
In the first case, a juvenile suspect is in custody for allegedly stabbing and killing a 25-year-old relative Wednesday evening.
Then, just before midnight, a shooting in a barbershop left an 18-year-old man dead and a 21-year-old man with non-life-threatening injuries. A 26-year-old man is in custody.
About an hour later, a 34-year-old man was shot dead inside a home. No suspects are in custody in that case.
Soon afterward two men in their 20s were shot and injured in a street. In separate shootings, a 52-year-old man and 17-year-old boy also suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
Police are also investigating the death of a 3-month-old infant.
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire