MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee police say an officer shot an armed man four times at the scene of a domestic violence incident.
Police say the 43-year-old man survived and is in custody.
Two Milwaukee police sergeants were called to a home Thursday. While police tried to negotiate with the suspect, he shot and wounded his 44-year-old girlfriend. One of the sergeants then fired his gun four times, striking the suspect with each round.
The girlfriend, a 65-year-old relative of the suspect and the suspect were treated at a hospital and released. Police say the family member was trying to intervene and likely was wounded when one of the rounds fired by the sergeant went through the suspect, striking the family member in the arm.
The sergeant is on standard administrative duty during an investigation.
- Girl awarded for homeless birthday program
- Woman jumps from balcony to escape fire
- Video captures man stuffing puppies into drain
- Baldwin, other senators seek assurances from Trump pick for EPA
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison