MILWAUKEE - The Milwaukee County medical examiner's office is attributing the death of a 23-year-old man last May to a designer drug.
According to the medical examiner's report, Douglas Peters was found dead in the home of a DJ who hosted a party.
Others at the party noticed Peters passed out on a balcony and moved him to a third-floor attic early on May 6. About 4 a.m. the homeowner checked on Peters and he was snoring, but about 7:20 a.m. others noticed he wasn't breathing and called 911.
The medical examiner's office attributes Peters' death to methoxetamine, a powder that is snorted, swallowed or injected.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported methoxetamine, also known as Mexxy, is uncontrolled in the U.S, meaning it is generally legal to buy, possess and distribute.
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Lincoln Hills psychologist dismissed
- Kenosha teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online