MILWAUKEE - The Milwaukee County medical examiner's office is attributing the death of a 23-year-old man last May to a designer drug.
According to the medical examiner's report, Douglas Peters was found dead in the home of a DJ who hosted a party.
Others at the party noticed Peters passed out on a balcony and moved him to a third-floor attic early on May 6. About 4 a.m. the homeowner checked on Peters and he was snoring, but about 7:20 a.m. others noticed he wasn't breathing and called 911.
The medical examiner's office attributes Peters' death to methoxetamine, a powder that is snorted, swallowed or injected.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported methoxetamine, also known as Mexxy, is uncontrolled in the U.S, meaning it is generally legal to buy, possess and distribute.
- Glass packaging flaw prompts beer recall
- Winter weather could slow Wednesday commute
- $1M lottery ticket sold in Madison expires soon
- Men to be without safe, sober home with no live-in manager
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night