MILWAUKEE - A Milwaukee-area business announced Tuesday it will lay off approximately 397 employees.
Kindred Transitional Care and Rehabilitation said the layoffs were caused by the closure of its 5700 West Layton Avenue location in Greenfield.
According to the release, the layoffs will start at least 120 days from the date the state approves its plan to transfer residents to other facilities.
Fifty job titles will be affected, including almost 150 certified nursing assistants.
All terminated employees will be paid earned wages and agreed upon benefits upon termination of employment.
- Chief: Monday 'a horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Look, up in the sky! It's gypsy moth sprayers
- AG Schimel: Undercover campaign videos reveal no crime