MILWAUKEE - A Milwaukee-area business announced Tuesday it will lay off approximately 397 employees.
Kindred Transitional Care and Rehabilitation said the layoffs were caused by the closure of its 5700 West Layton Avenue location in Greenfield.
According to the release, the layoffs will start at least 120 days from the date the state approves its plan to transfer residents to other facilities.
Fifty job titles will be affected, including almost 150 certified nursing assistants.
All terminated employees will be paid earned wages and agreed upon benefits upon termination of employment.
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Man scammed out of $4,300 by person claiming to be grandson
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed