MILWAUKEE, Wis. - Milwaukee has recorded another co-sleeping death.
Authorities said a 1-month-old girl died Friday after sharing a bed with her mother and father.
According to the medical examiner's report, the girl was born prematurely, but she appeared healthy and well-cared for.
Investigators found no evidence of alcohol or drug use.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported that the girl is the 14th child to die in Milwaukee this year after being exposed to an unsafe sleep environment. She is the fourth child to die in less than three weeks.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs