MILWAUKEE, Wis. - Milwaukee has recorded another co-sleeping death.
Authorities said a 1-month-old girl died Friday after sharing a bed with her mother and father.
According to the medical examiner's report, the girl was born prematurely, but she appeared healthy and well-cared for.
Investigators found no evidence of alcohol or drug use.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported that the girl is the 14th child to die in Milwaukee this year after being exposed to an unsafe sleep environment. She is the fourth child to die in less than three weeks.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash