MILWAUKEE - The Milwaukee Art Museum has a new curator of European Art.
The museum has appointed Tanya Paul and she will start in June.
She's currently the curator of European Art at the Philbrook Museum of Art in Tulsa, Okla.
In a statement, the Milwaukee museum's chief curator Brady Roberts said Paul brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the museum. He said she is an asset with her expertise in Dutch still life paintings and European printmaking.
Paul has previously worked at the Museum of Fine Arts in Houston, the University of Virginia Art Museum (now the Fralin Museum of Art) in Charlottesville, Va., and the J. Paul Getty Museum in California.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry