MILWAUKEE - The Milwaukee Art Museum has a new curator of European Art.
The museum has appointed Tanya Paul and she will start in June.
She's currently the curator of European Art at the Philbrook Museum of Art in Tulsa, Okla.
In a statement, the Milwaukee museum's chief curator Brady Roberts said Paul brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the museum. He said she is an asset with her expertise in Dutch still life paintings and European printmaking.
Paul has previously worked at the Museum of Fine Arts in Houston, the University of Virginia Art Museum (now the Fralin Museum of Art) in Charlottesville, Va., and the J. Paul Getty Museum in California.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart