MILWAUKEE - The Milwaukee Art Museum has a new curator of European Art.
The museum has appointed Tanya Paul and she will start in June.
She's currently the curator of European Art at the Philbrook Museum of Art in Tulsa, Okla.
In a statement, the Milwaukee museum's chief curator Brady Roberts said Paul brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the museum. He said she is an asset with her expertise in Dutch still life paintings and European printmaking.
Paul has previously worked at the Museum of Fine Arts in Houston, the University of Virginia Art Museum (now the Fralin Museum of Art) in Charlottesville, Va., and the J. Paul Getty Museum in California.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say