MILWAUKEE - The Milwaukee Art Museum has a new curator of European Art.
The museum has appointed Tanya Paul and she will start in June.
She's currently the curator of European Art at the Philbrook Museum of Art in Tulsa, Okla.
In a statement, the Milwaukee museum's chief curator Brady Roberts said Paul brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the museum. He said she is an asset with her expertise in Dutch still life paintings and European printmaking.
Paul has previously worked at the Museum of Fine Arts in Houston, the University of Virginia Art Museum (now the Fralin Museum of Art) in Charlottesville, Va., and the J. Paul Getty Museum in California.
- Dane County plans to buy land to make Capital City State Trail safer
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Hilldale Mall launches redevelopment of south side
- State unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Expect traffic delays in downtown Madison for Women's March Saturday
- Police arrest suspected heroin dealers, seize 3 guns, $28K cash