MILWAUKEE, Wis. - A 2-month-old Milwaukee boy has died after he was found unresponsive while sleeping in the same bed as his mother.
The Milwaukee County Medical Examiner says Kenneth Williams was found unresponsive early Thursday and taken to St. Joseph's Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
According to the medical examiner, the boy's mother told authorities she went to bed with the boy Wednesday night, then woke up early Thursday to change his diaper.
She noticed at that time that he wasn't responding, and she called 911.
Authorities are investigating.
An autopsy conducted Friday did not determine the cause of the boy's death.
He would've been 3 months old next week.
- UW-Madison chosen by U.S DOT to test automated vehicles
- Janesville robotics team among top 10 in global competition, moves to final round
- EPA grant freeze could ‘pull rug out from under' UW-Madison research
- Man on trial for deadly shooting says he was fearful for his life
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow