MIDDLETON, Wis. - Middleton officials warned residents of a mailing that claims to have information about water service lines.
According to a statement, the mailing is labeled "Important Information Regarding Your Water Service Line." It was not sent out by Middleton Water and Sewer Utility, but instead from a private company.
The statement also suggested residents research the company through the State of Wisconsin Better Business Bureau before doing business with it.
Editor's Note: A previous version of this story claimed the City of Middleton warned customers of a "fraudulent" mailing. The city's notice did not call the mailing fraudulent and we have removed the word from our story.
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI
- Highway 151 reopens near Blue Mounds after semi vs. car crash
- Police: Family member found elderly woman dead in garage with head wound