MIDDLETON, Wis. - Middleton officials warned residents of a mailing that claims to have information about water service lines.
According to a statement, the mailing is labeled "Important Information Regarding Your Water Service Line." It was not sent out by Middleton Water and Sewer Utility, but instead from a private company.
The statement also suggested residents research the company through the State of Wisconsin Better Business Bureau before doing business with it.
Editor's Note: A previous version of this story claimed the City of Middleton warned customers of a "fraudulent" mailing. The city's notice did not call the mailing fraudulent and we have removed the word from our story.
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates bumpy ride for drivers