MIDDLETON, Wis. - Middleton officials warned residents of a mailing that claims to have information about water service lines.
According to a statement, the mailing is labeled "Important Information Regarding Your Water Service Line." It was not sent out by Middleton Water and Sewer Utility, but instead from a private company.
The statement also suggested residents research the company through the State of Wisconsin Better Business Bureau before doing business with it.
Editor's Note: A previous version of this story claimed the City of Middleton warned customers of a "fraudulent" mailing. The city's notice did not call the mailing fraudulent and we have removed the word from our story.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say