MADISON, Wis. - Police arrested a Middleton man on fourth-offense drunken driving early Saturday morning after witnesses said he engaged in road rage.
According to a Madison Police Department statement, an officer monitoring traffic on John Nolen Drive saw two vehicles appearing to race each other. The officer stopped both vehicles and was informed by individuals in one car that the other driver had cut him off and rammed into his vehicle. The individuals also said the other driver appeared to be drunk.
The officer arrested Lester Rodriguez, 27, on a charge of fourth offense of operating while intoxicated, the statement said. Rodriguez was also cited for speeding.
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates bumpy ride for drivers