INDIANAPOLIS - Adreian Payne scored 18 points, Branden Dawson had 14 and No. 22 Michigan State beat No. 12 Wisconsin 83-75 on Saturday to reach the Big Ten tournament championship.
The third-seeded Spartans (25-8) won consecutive games for the first time since winning 11 straight in a stretch over December and January. They will face No. 8 Michigan in the final on Sunday.
The Spartans went on a 16-1 run in the first half and took a 37-16 lead when Gary Harris scored with 5:39 left before halftime.
Frank Kaminsky had 28 points and Sam Decker added 11 points and seven rebounds for the second-seeded Badgers (26-7).
- Madison man admits to 8 armed robberies with BB gun, police say
- Judge drops power line construction ban
- 7 Wisconsin cities among the nation's 10 drunkest
- Teen car thief thwarted by OnStar techs, Madison police say
- West side hair studio burglarized
- People injured in school bus, dump truck collision still in hospital, sheriff says