INDIANAPOLIS - Adreian Payne scored 18 points, Branden Dawson had 14 and No. 22 Michigan State beat No. 12 Wisconsin 83-75 on Saturday to reach the Big Ten tournament championship.
The third-seeded Spartans (25-8) won consecutive games for the first time since winning 11 straight in a stretch over December and January. They will face No. 8 Michigan in the final on Sunday.
The Spartans went on a 16-1 run in the first half and took a 37-16 lead when Gary Harris scored with 5:39 left before halftime.
Frank Kaminsky had 28 points and Sam Decker added 11 points and seven rebounds for the second-seeded Badgers (26-7).
- Fundraising effort aimed at helping summer reading programs
- Man hit by plow, deputies say
- Officials use movie previews to help save lives
- Madison group helps Chicago develop violence reduction plan
- Group suing DNR over plan for high-impact activities at Sauk Prairie Recreation Area
- Sauk County crash sends one to hospital with life-threatening injuries