MADISON, Wis. - Madison firefighters said a newly installed carbon monoxide or CO detector likely saved a Madison man's life Thursday night.
According to a release, crews responded to the man's home to check on CO levels and found dangerous levels of the poisonous gas.
Firefighters began ventilating the house immediately. According to the release, the cause of the leak was discovered by crews from MG&E, who said a 70-year-old furnace was to blame.
The CO detector was installed by MFD in December 2013. Anyone interested in installing detectors or smoke alarms can call MFD.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns