MADISON, Wis. - A long-awaited and sometimes controversial neighborhood grocery store is now open on Madison's east side.
The Metro Market on Cottage Grove Road in Grandview Commons has features like a gelato counter, smoothie bar and a grill.
The store is owned and operated by Roundy's.
Its size and amount of parking spots has been the subject of debate in the past because neighbors did not want to see a large, big box store move in.
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say
- Car reported missing discovered crashed into condo, police say
- Driver who nearly strikes state patrol car charged with 4th OWI, trooper says