MADISON, Wis. - A long-awaited and sometimes controversial neighborhood grocery store is now open on Madison's east side.
The Metro Market on Cottage Grove Road in Grandview Commons has features like a gelato counter, smoothie bar and a grill.
The store is owned and operated by Roundy's.
Its size and amount of parking spots has been the subject of debate in the past because neighbors did not want to see a large, big box store move in.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says