MADISON, Wis. - A long-awaited and sometimes controversial neighborhood grocery store is now open on Madison's east side.
The Metro Market on Cottage Grove Road in Grandview Commons has features like a gelato counter, smoothie bar and a grill.
The store is owned and operated by Roundy's.
Its size and amount of parking spots has been the subject of debate in the past because neighbors did not want to see a large, big box store move in.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls