MADISON, Wis. - A long-awaited and sometimes controversial neighborhood grocery store is now open on Madison's east side.
The Metro Market on Cottage Grove Road in Grandview Commons has features like a gelato counter, smoothie bar and a grill.
The store is owned and operated by Roundy's.
Its size and amount of parking spots has been the subject of debate in the past because neighbors did not want to see a large, big box store move in.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK