MERRIMAC, Wis. - People who take the Merrimac Ferry needed to find a different route Monday morning.
The ferry, which goes across the Wisconsin River near Merrimac, was closed due to problems with the hydraulics and brakes on the boat.
Workers completed maintenance on the boat Monday, which allowed it to reopen.
- Majority of Superior shipyard workers test positive for lead
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out