MADISON, Wis. - Meriter Health System has announced plans to affiliate with Iowa-based UnityPoint Health.
"We are on the edge and on the cusp of being able to provide something much better for our patients, and a better environment for our clinicians, physicians and nurses to work in, where they're truly making a difference for their patients. And we're going to lower their cost," said Bill Leaver, president and CEO of UnityPoint Health.
Meriter President and CEO Jim Woodward and Board of Directors Chair Ginny Graves called the affiliation fantastic news for Meriter's patients, insurance members and employees.
"We have a very strong patient centered model of care here at Meriter. It's growing, it's changing, it's developing, but we're very proud of what we have and we wanted an organization that hopefully was even a little ahead of us that we could learn from. But certainly an organization that valued the same care delivery process that we've enjoyed here at Meriter," said Woodward.
Meriter will remain independent, according to the release. The affiliation will give Meriter additional resources. Meriter and Physicians Plus will still be run by a community board.
The affiliation is subject to regulatory approval, which is expected later this year.
- Man charged in fatal shooting of sheriff's deputy
- PD: Man hit in head, robbed during believed stereo equipment sale
- Wisconsin farmers could be affected by late cabinet pick
- Judge denies motions to dismiss 4 charges against Alec Cook
- MFD: 1 suffers minor injury in rollover crash on John Nolen Drive
- Woman accused of stabbing acquaintance turns herself in to police