MADISON, Wis. - Meriter Hospital has received three patient care awards from the National Research Corporation's 19th Annual International Patient-Centered Care Symposium, according to a release.
The three awards Meriter received at the symposium include the Innovative Best Practice Award, top rated adult doctors and top rated pediatric doctors, officials said.
"Organizations like these are making a true difference in the quality of healthcare, and we congratulate Meriter for this well-deserved achievement," Susan Henricks, president and chief operating officer of National Research, said in the release.
The Innovative Best Practice Award is based on the innovative use of resources that result in significant improvements in cost, quality, patient satisfaction and safety, according to the release. Meriter Health Services has received the award two years in a row.
The Adult Doctor and Pediatric Doctor awards were based on patients' ratings of their doctors in patient satisfaction surveys conducted April 2012 through March 2013, according to the release.
- Police arrest suspected heroin dealers, seize 3 guns, $28K cash
- Russian officials: We're not counting on Trump to lift sanctions
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- UW-Madison athletics employee fired
- 20-year-old UW-Whitewater student dies of brain injury
- Republican lawmakers differ on state superintendent race