FOND DU LAC, Wis. - Mercury Marine plans to hire about 170 new employees at its Fond duc Lac facilities this month.
The Fond du Lac-based manufacturer of recreational boat motors said most of the available positions are in manufacturing areas. Mercury Marine said it is ramping up production in 2013 to keep pace with what company leaders call "unprecedented" demand for its most popular engines.
Workers starting out can earn as much as $14.90 per hour. Full- and part-time jobs are available.
WLUK-TV reported Mercury Marine has hired about 1,100 employees in the past three years since it began consolidating its operations in Stillwater, Okla., to Fond du Lac.
Mercury is a division of Brunswick Corp.
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks