FOND DU LAC, Wis. - Mercury Marine plans to hire about 170 new employees at its Fond duc Lac facilities this month.
The Fond du Lac-based manufacturer of recreational boat motors said most of the available positions are in manufacturing areas. Mercury Marine said it is ramping up production in 2013 to keep pace with what company leaders call "unprecedented" demand for its most popular engines.
Workers starting out can earn as much as $14.90 per hour. Full- and part-time jobs are available.
WLUK-TV reported Mercury Marine has hired about 1,100 employees in the past three years since it began consolidating its operations in Stillwater, Okla., to Fond du Lac.
Mercury is a division of Brunswick Corp.
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire