FOND DU LAC, Wis. - Mercury Marine plans to hire about 170 new employees at its Fond duc Lac facilities this month.
The Fond du Lac-based manufacturer of recreational boat motors said most of the available positions are in manufacturing areas. Mercury Marine said it is ramping up production in 2013 to keep pace with what company leaders call "unprecedented" demand for its most popular engines.
Workers starting out can earn as much as $14.90 per hour. Full- and part-time jobs are available.
WLUK-TV reported Mercury Marine has hired about 1,100 employees in the past three years since it began consolidating its operations in Stillwater, Okla., to Fond du Lac.
Mercury is a division of Brunswick Corp.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to fourth OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street