BISMARCK, N.D. - Home improvement retailer Menard Inc. plans to hire 50 workers from its headquarters city in Wisconsin and fly them weekly to staff its store in Minot, N.D.
Minot is in the midst of an oil boom and has more unfilled jobs than potential workers.
Menard said jetting in employees for weeklong stints and housing them in hotels is likely to be a permanent solution for that store's staffing shortage.
Menard is based in Eau Clare, Wis., where unemployment is about 6.3 percent.
The company said it held a job fair this month in Eau Claire and the number of potential employees was positive. The company said it will train the workers at Wisconsin stores and send them to Minot "as soon as possible."
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart