MADISON, Wis. - Madison police are continuing to investigate a "violent home invasion" where two residents were assaulted by several men who forced entry into their home, officials said.
Two people believed to be involved in the incident were taken into custody Sunday, according to a release. The incident happened on a street near the 3200 block of East Washington around 6 a.m.
Police are not releasing the exact location in order to protect the 30-year-old man and woman who were attacked, officials said.
According to the release, several men forced entry into their home, demanded money and assaulted the residents.
Investigators believe the robbers meant to target another residence and hit this home by mistake.
Officers gathered information while in the neighborhood that led them to tentatively identify two suspects, officials said. Those two individuals are in custody on unrelated charges.
Anyone with information on the incident is being asked to contact Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.Madison crime map
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- Find of device that looked like military mortar causes scare
- Lawyers for man charged in killing accuse victim's boyfriend