MADISON, Wis. - Police said officers responding to a report of a fight at a west side gas station found two men unconscious.
The Madison Police Department said it received a call about a fight in progress at the BP gas station at 318 S. Park St. early Saturday morning.
A witness told police multiple combatants jumped out of several vehicles and the violence took place in the parking lot.
A second witness told police one victim was kicked repeatedly in the head by a group of young men.
There were also reports of glass bottles being thrown, the report noted.
Responding officers said they found two unconscious men, a 37-year-old and a 28-year-old, both of Madison.
Police said one man was found inside a car, a second on the pavement.
The second victim was taken to a hospital with a concussion.
Many people fled the parking lot prior to the police arriving, the report said. Those who remained at the scene were reluctant to supply detailed information about the melee.
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game