MADISON, Wis. - Police said officers responding to a report of a fight at a west side gas station found two men unconscious.
The Madison Police Department said it received a call about a fight in progress at the BP gas station at 318 S. Park St. early Saturday morning.
A witness told police multiple combatants jumped out of several vehicles and the violence took place in the parking lot.
A second witness told police one victim was kicked repeatedly in the head by a group of young men.
There were also reports of glass bottles being thrown, the report noted.
Responding officers said they found two unconscious men, a 37-year-old and a 28-year-old, both of Madison.
Police said one man was found inside a car, a second on the pavement.
The second victim was taken to a hospital with a concussion.
Many people fled the parking lot prior to the police arriving, the report said. Those who remained at the scene were reluctant to supply detailed information about the melee.
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI
- Highway 151 closed near Blue Mounds due to semi vs. car crash
- Police, medical examiner respond to suspicious death
- Construction continues on Capitol Square; new traffic pattern starts May 1