MADISON, Wis. - Two men were arrested Sunday after a group reported to have a weapon was broken up by police on Madison's east side, according to a release.
Madison Police responded to reports of a man with a gun that had made threats to harm a victim in the 1700 block of Blossom Lane Sunday at 10:48 p.m., according to the release.
Officials said they were told the man with the gun was among other men in the group near the PDQ gas station on East Buckeye Road.
Officials said the group started to scatter when they got to the scene.
Most individuals complied with police to get on the ground, but Jordan Landgraf, 20, of Madison, became argumentative and belligerent, according to the release.
Officials said they ended up wrestling Landgraf to the ground with guns drawn.
Officials said they checked all parties for weapons but did not locate a gun.
Landgraf was arrested on charges of resisting a police officer, unlawful trespassing, and probation violation.
Jordan C. Stokes, 21, of Cottage Grove, was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct and unlawful trespassing.
Officials said most of the subjects did not live in the trespass posted complex, which was probably a large part of the initial 911 call.
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two