MADISON, Wis. - More than 180 members of the Wisconsin Air National Guard's 115th Fighter Wing were welcomed home in a special ceremony Monday.
The unit deployed to Africa last January and worked with National Guard members from Colorado and Vermont in support of a counter-terrorism mission.
Military officials said the 115th Fighter Wing completed more than 550 flight hours and conducted more than 275 missions in support of coalition combat and training.
Gov. Scott Walker and senior guard officials joined family and friends in the private ceremony Monday evening at Truax Field in Madison.
The 115th Fighter Wing has deployed personnel and aircraft in 2006, 2008 and 2009 in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.Members of 115th Fighter Wing welcomed home
- Wisconsin school advocates pushing for more money
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely misunderstood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother