MADISON, Wis. - The Wisconsin Department of Transportation will hold a meeting Tuesday to discuss construction on the Beltline that is scheduled to start in mid-April and go into the fall.
The construction between Fish Hatchery Road and Interstate 39/90 will include pavement repair, improving five bridge structures in work zones and upgrading the shoulders and guardrails, according to a release.
During the construction, all lanes on the Beltline will remain open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m., but nightly lane closures will start after 7 p.m., officials said. Lanes will be narrowed and shifted to create room for construction.
Temporary nighttime ramp closures will be scheduled between Fish Hatchery Road and Stoughton Road, according to the release. Message boards will be put up notifying drivers of ramp closures three days in advance. Longer-term ramp closures or restrictions will be required at Park Street, Rimrock Road and John Nolan Drive.
The meeting is scheduled on Tuesday from 4-6 p.m. at the Wisconsin Department of Revenue building at 2135 Rimrock Road. Officials encourage the public to attend to meeting to provide input and ask questions.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land