MADISON, Wis. - Police in Madison say a bicyclist who crashed on a bike path and later died may have suffered a medical problem.
A Wisconsin State Journal report stated police were called after the bicyclist crashed late last week and lost consciousness.
Officers and bystanders tried to resuscitate the person with CPR and a defibrillator. Paramedics arrived a short time later and tried additional lifesaving measures. The person was pronounced dead at a hospital.
No details about the victim have been released.
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Majority of Superior shipyard workers test positive for lead
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.