MADISON, Wis. - A coalition of five media groups is appealing a federal judge's order refusing to unseal the entire record in a lawsuit filed by Wisconsin Club for Growth against prosecutors investigating the conservative group, Gov. Scott Walker's campaign and others.
The group filed the appeal on Thursday.
U.S. District Judge Rudolph Randa ruled last month against the media coalition, saying releasing the documents would subject those involved to "unwanted public scrutiny."
Two unnamed people objected to the release of those documents and the entire record. Randa has given all the parties involved until Aug. 7 to reach agreement on what documents to make public.
The media groups represent Wisconsin newspapers and broadcasters and also includes the Wisconsin Freedom of Information Council and the American Society of News Editors.
- Coalition calls on city to immediately fund 15-point violence prevention plan
- Sherrif's department investigates sexting scandal involving local high school students
- Impaired driving police operation nets in multiple arrests, 2 guns seized
- Semi hauling trailer filled with beer crashes, closes highway ramp, officials say
- Teacher placed on leave for showing controversial documentary returning to class Tuesday
- Man won't get new sentence in death of Manitowoc officer