MADISON, Wis. - A coalition of five media groups is appealing a federal judge's order refusing to unseal the entire record in a lawsuit filed by Wisconsin Club for Growth against prosecutors investigating the conservative group, Gov. Scott Walker's campaign and others.
The group filed the appeal on Thursday.
U.S. District Judge Rudolph Randa ruled last month against the media coalition, saying releasing the documents would subject those involved to "unwanted public scrutiny."
Two unnamed people objected to the release of those documents and the entire record. Randa has given all the parties involved until Aug. 7 to reach agreement on what documents to make public.
The media groups represent Wisconsin newspapers and broadcasters and also includes the Wisconsin Freedom of Information Council and the American Society of News Editors.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire