MILTON, Wis. - Two people were killed in a crash Friday night and a third person was seriously injured, officials said.
The Rock County Sheriff's Office said deputies, state troopers and Milton police responded at 10:50 p.m. to a report of a two-vehicle crash on North Highway 26 just north of Country Road N in the town of Milton.
According to the report, a 1990 Ford Ranger was headed south on Highway 26 in the northbound lanes of traffic when it hit a northbound 2003 Nissan Altima head-on. Both vehicles came to rest in the roadway after the initial impact.
The driver of the Ranger, 28-year-old Robert Frank, of Milton, was pronounced dead at the scene by the medical examiner's office, officials said. The driver of the Altima, 16-year-old Hannah Church, of Fort Atkinson, was also pronounced dead at the scene.
A 16-year-old girl who was a passenger in the Altima was taken to Mercy Hospital and was in critical condition, the sheriff's office said.
The Rock County sheriff's reconstruction team investigated the crash.
- Wisconsin River flooding causes road closure
- Dickeyville police looking for assault suspect
- Man suffers leg injuries after being hit by snowplow
- Hundreds pack tribute to 'Funky Drummer' Clyde Stubblefield
- Wisconsin troopers not wearing name tags in North Dakota
- Lawmakers push for hemp comeback in Wisconsin