MCFARLAND, Wis. - The McFarland village president was found dead in his home Wednesday, according to city officials.
Village administrator Don Peterson told WISC Mike Harried, 51, was nearing the end of his third term as the village president. Harried served four terms as a village trustee before being elected president.
Peterson said Harried was an employee of the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.
Police Chief Craig J. Sherven said there's nothing to indicate anything suspicious about the death.
The village board will have the option of holding a special election to fill the president's seat, but Peterson said it's more likely the village board will appoint a trustee to the position because the current term only lasts until April.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend