MCFARLAND, Wis. - The McFarland village president was found dead in his home Wednesday, according to city officials.
Village administrator Don Peterson told WISC Mike Harried, 51, was nearing the end of his third term as the village president. Harried served four terms as a village trustee before being elected president.
Peterson said Harried was an employee of the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.
Police Chief Craig J. Sherven said there's nothing to indicate anything suspicious about the death.
The village board will have the option of holding a special election to fill the president's seat, but Peterson said it's more likely the village board will appoint a trustee to the position because the current term only lasts until April.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK