GREEN BAY, Wis. - Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy is as concerned about Mother Nature as he is Chris Johnson.
The winter's first big storm is expected Thursday, with forecasts calling for snow to start just after midnight and not let up until evening. Up to a foot of snow could be dumped on northeast Wisconsin before it's over, and travel -- even short distances -- could be treacherous.
"I talked about it a lot in the team meeting," McCarthy said Wednesday. "It's funny for some guys who are getting ready to go through it for the first time. They'll say, `Don't worry I have a truck,' and I say, `You're going to need more than a truck."'
"Make sure you have a lot of diesel gas for your snow thrower," McCarthy said.
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Lincoln Hills psychologist dismissed
- Kenosha teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online